Just-Pics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every picture tells a story.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW MODEL KAI NEWMAN MADE A SPLASH IN FRENCH ELLE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Whitney27

Whitney27

NEW MODEL KAI NEWMAN MADE A SPLASH IN FRENCH ELLE Fe

Interview with the observer
How fabulous is Saint International model Kai Newman? French ELLE-worthy for sure. SO shares the story behind the 16-page shoot...
Style Observer (SO): How did you land this job?
Kai Newman (KN): After the show season in September where I walked in London, New York, Paris and Milan, I had quite a few requests for editorials but I can't remember one for French ELLE. I knew I'd worked with the casting director before. My agency, Elite in Paris, was in contact with my mother agent Deiwght Peters. Two Saint girls (me and Tami Wiliams) were on option so when the confirmation came for Tami, Deiwght wasn't sure if I was also booked, and then he spoke back to my Paris agency Elite and they told him yes, I was also booked. We thought we were both shooting for the same issue but we were very surprised to learn that it was not the case. When we arrived in Paris - because I flew back to New York (from Los Angeles) and then to Paris - we got two different cars and went to two different locations. It was then that I understood that we would be shooting two different issues. When we explained it to Deiwght he was so happy, but had a hard time believing that this could be happening with two of his Saint girls at the same time.
SO: Getting the call to advise that you had nabbed the shoot...
KN: When I got the e-mail from Deiwght that I was booked, I was actually in Los Angeles shooting for the River Island campaign with one of my favourite stylists, Edward Enningful. I was very happy because it was French ELLE and I know it would help my career greatly. I was very, very happy. I like the way that things are happening right now. I also had a W magazine feature that came out around the same time, so it was all good.
SO: And the shoot itself...
KN: It was a two-day shoot. I was picked up at my hotel by a car to take me to the location. I was really tired because I was shooting River Island for three days in LA, then flew back to New York and then to Paris. But I love the travelling and no matter how tired you are, it is important that you perform. I had a lot of changes, but the team was very good. Shoot days are long days. Once you get on set, it's hair and make-up, then first look. We did numerous looks each day.
SO: On set with...
KN: I loved everyone on set. The photographer was Arnaud Pyvka, stylist - Elissa Castelbou, hairstylist - Martyn Foss Calder, make-up - Kathy LeSant. I was the only model on the shoot.
SO: The shoot's over and the wait begins...
KN: I give thanks as I was so busy throughout the season, and after I shot the French ELLE, I came back to school. I wasn't nervous, to be honest, because I know anything can happen. Deiwght has taught me that if one thing doesn't work out, something else will come up and it's not the end of the world.
SO: Finally, you get the call that matters: you have 16 pages...
KN: I was so excited when Deiwght gave me the news. It was a big, big surprise because it came out pretty quickly. It was my Christmas present. 2014 was a good year for me and Saint International and now I am going for bigger and better in 2015!
SO And your fashion wish for 2015?
I want to do Victoria's Secret.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum