Just-Pics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every picture tells a story.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cresteb

cresteb

Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall Used-i10
He released one album as a teenager that went straight to number one.  His first love, particularly crafting rhythm tracks, he became a DJ after he began writing his own songs, patterning his own unique style.   Began scoring hit singles in Jamaica starting at age 14 and thereafter steadily began attracting international attention, eventual breaking into mainstream.  

Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall 24682410
His favorite music is Lieutenant Stitchie, Supercat, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Cat Stevens, The Beatles, Busta Rhymes. I see dancehall reggae and hip-hop as fused together, When I was a kid, they were the two kinds of music that spoke to me and said 'Move!'  I went into music  because I feel like I have things to say. And that's what I looked forward to.

Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall Pinche10
Music is your own talent and is an important tool. Even if you don't want to be a role model, get ready to be in the public eye. Energy is there, you just have to use it.  Dancehall is just like hip-hop in that it doesn't always talk about bling; it talks about conscious issues.  Music tells you about the artist and what they were thinking about at the time, because the person has to think about it to sing it.
Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall Pinch_10
Pinchers - I'm A Don

https://youtu.be/jwv64Z6DR6U
I feel like I have things to say. And that's what I'm looking forward to.
 In 1987 Pinchers gained fame with the single "Agony", from the album of the same name produced by King JammyIn the same year he recorded the Mass Out album, produced by Philip "Fatis" Burrell and backed by Sly & Robbie, Jackie Mittoo, and Robbie Lyn among othersIn 1990 he made another hit, "Bandelero which endures as probably his most remembered single.
Pinchers - Bandelero
https://youtu.be/HG7JqoH_y-M

Combining smooth vocals with pulsating rhythms, Pinchers intrigues followers of both lovers rock and dancehall. Get Close is the singer's first album in years and fans of the artist are primed for it's release.
Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall Hqdefa16
Already tracks from the album are enjoying consistent play on reggae radio. Never Hurt Her, Wasted and Like A Fool have become popular favorites based simply on their release as 7-inch singles, still a popular format among reggae DJs.
Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall 24722610Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall F0207810

Produced by Jack Scorpio, Get Close is Pinchers best work in years. It combines all of the classic elements his audience has grown to love yet with a fresh new sound and the dancehall beats of 2002.
Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall Images14
Pinchers is one of the most esteemed singers in Reggae music over the past 15 years. Nicknamed for a Jamaican term for hand pliers, Pinchers began his career singing with the local sound systems in Kingston, Jamaica, where he came to the attention of one of the top producers in Reggae, the legendary King Jammy. With Jammy, Pinchers recorded his best work to date with 3 different albums between 1987 and 1994.
Pinchers - Mass Out
https://youtu.be/ibpORwcg1ug

He first mega-hit was 1987's "Agony" which let to the landmark dancehall album, "Got To Be Me." His singing style is unique and he can be called a crooner for sure. His sex symbol status elevated him to celebrity in Jamaica.

Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall Images13

His next worldwide Reggae hit was "Bandelero" in 1982 which seduced the dancehall fans with the Wild West imagery that they love. Another song in the Wild West vein is his hit duet with top DJ Bounty Killer called "Riding West."

Pinchers: Listen To The Godfather Of Dancehall Pinche11
Pinchers continues to record and perform in the dancehalls and stages of the world with a sinhging style and hits that melt the girls' hearts. His very best is all here on the King Jammy produced "best of." with many songs that are well sought after by fans and collectors available on CD.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum