Just-Pics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every picture tells a story.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beyoncé is this year’s CFDA Fashion Icon.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cresteb

cresteb

The 34-year-old entertainer made a surprise appearance to accept the Fashion Icon Award and Blue was in the audience to watch her mom give her speech.
 Beyoncé is this year’s CFDA Fashion Icon.  Beyonc30

Blue sat alongside jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz and held a phone with stickers all over the case to snap photos.

“I want to say thank you to every designer who works tirelessly to make people think they can write their own story. Y’all are fairy godmothers, magicians, sculptors, and sometimes even our therapist,” Bey said during her speech (via Vogue). “I encourage you to not forget this power you have or to take it lightly. We have the opportunity to contribute to a society where any girl can look at a billboard or magazine cover and see her own reflection.

Soul has no color, no shape, no form. Just like all of your work, it goes far beyond what the eye can see. You have the power to change perception, to inspire and empower, and to show people how to embrace their complications, and see the flaws, and the true beauty and strength that’s inside all of us. Thank you so much for this incredible award, I’ll never forget this night. God bless you all. Thank you.”

My mother is fabulous and beautiful and she’s here tonight. My mother, my grandmother, and my uncle are always with me so I cannot fail. My mother actually designed my wedding dress, my prom dress, my first CFDA Award dress, my first Grammy dress, and the list goes on and on. And this to me is the true power and potential of fashion.

It’s a tool for finding your own identity. It transcends style, and it’s a time capsule of all of our greatest milestones. So to my mother, my grandmother, my uncle, thank y’all. Thank you for showing me that having presence is about far more than the clothes you wear and your physical beauty. Thank you for showing me how to take risks, work hard, and live life on my own terms.
Video filmed outside the event showed Blue sternly wagging her finger at the photographers, giving them her best side-eye. She seemed happier inside the event
 Beyoncé is this year’s CFDA Fashion Icon.  60e9cf10

Blue walked hand-in-hand with dad Jay Z as they exited New York’s Hammerstein ballroom, but once she caught sight of the wall of photographers snapping away, she got her sassy pants on:
 Beyoncé is this year’s CFDA Fashion Icon.  A4ec6f10

It’s a tool for finding your own identity. It transcends style, and it’s a time capsule of all of our greatest milestones. So to my mother, my grandmother, my uncle, thank y’all. Thank you for showing me that having presence is about far more than the clothes you wear and your physical beauty. Thank you for showing me how to take risks, work hard, and live life on my own terms.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum