Just-Pics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every picture tells a story.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Safaree Samuels talks new raps and reality t

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cresteb

cresteb

Safaree Samuels talks new raps and reality t Safare12

Surprisingly, his sound is more reggae-leaning than the hit songs he's contributed to. “It’s pretty much a mixture of rap and reggae but on some hip-hop beats and old-school reggae riddims,” the 34 year old tells Billboard.

Some artists have maintained a hands-off approach to working with him considering his public split, but his most notable co-sign occurred last month at Reggae Sumfest 2016. “Bounty Killer bringing me on stage at Reggae Sumfest? That’s huge,” he says of his “Bad Ting” cohort and the man he deems the greatest of all time.
Safaree Samuels talks new raps and reality t Screen16

On the music front, he seems focused, and in an attempt to continue building his own buzz, the motorcycle junkie has joined VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood. “[Being a part of] the Love & Hip Hop franchise is something I’ve had the opportunity to do for years, but I wanted to get myself established a little more as an artist,” he says. “Now I’m doing my own thing and just adding [Love & Hip-Hop] to my platform to help.”

Like it or not, reality TV is a genuine measure of star power (and likeability) in today’s world. Stepping into the critical reality TV spotlight can frighten any small screen rookie but when you’ve braved the e-torture of a million Barbz, you learn to handle backlash like a veteran. “I’ve already dealt with it on a level of a superstar, crazy people and fans that come at me talking crazy talk.” he says. “I’m pretty numb to that kinda stuff.”

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum